The Donegal App is a GPS travel service that takes the hard work and hassle out of touring Donegal. It comes as an App for iPhones and Androids as well as a driving guide for Garmin and TomTom sat nav devices. Visitors get a series of free guides on the following: -
1. Arts & Heritage – 71 of the best places to visit from trad music to festivals, theatres and museums.
2. Activities – 74 places for water sports, golf courses, adventure sports, horse riding and places for children to enjoy.
3. Greatest 'Shrines' - from the sacred to the sublime, 24 very special parts of the county are profiled.
4. Outdoor Pursuits – 82 places for bird watchers, fishermen, hill walkers and lovers of scenery.
5. Wild Atlantic Drive – 30 of the most enthralling places to visit on Ireland's best coastal drive.
6. Accommodation – a handful of special places to stay in Donegal, including of course Castle Murray.
7. Restaurants. A carefully chosen selection of the best places to eat in the county. Any place on this list will either have an accolade or a reputation for good food.
Innovation In its breadth of information and places featured, Donegal App offers a wholly original way of promoting and marketing the county. The service is a division of navigatour® GPS travel guides devised by John Ward, a Donegal native who has covered every acre of the county. This free App ensures that the very best that Donegal has to offer is made easily accessible.
Native Device Apps for iPhone & Android
Donegal App offers an easy to use multimedia App. With it, you can have up to seven detailed guides downloadable in one App for either iPhone or Android. Once downloaded onto their Smartphones, visitors will have all of the information they need on the key places of interest at their fingertips and are available offline without any streaming charges. They can find out about and then contact any place of interest, all from their Smartphones.
Donegal in the palm of your hand - The new app is now out in both Google Play and the App Store. It will in time have a Favourites button allowing you to bookmark places that caught your eye as well as a What’s On RSS feed to What’s On Donegal in mid March for the iPhone and already has these features on Android. With this information to hand, you will everything you need to know about Donegal in your pocket.